Monday, March 30, 2009

"Memories Forever"

Leslye Campos
TICK, TOCK, TICK, TOCK
It is a simple fact that
Memories don’t last forever,
But there is always one thing.
One memory,
That stays with you forever,
And follows you everywhere you go—
It might be the day you threw your hat up towards the sky
As people clapped and admired the newly graduated class of
Ninety ninety-nine,
Or maybe the day you said
“I do,” to that loved one sitting right next to you,
Or maybe,
Maybe it was the day you held your baby in your arms for the first time
As you kissed him sweetly on his cheek
And softly whispered
“I love you my dearest baby,”
That is the day you realized
That he is the only one keeping you in the world
Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock
Wow,
Time ticks by fast
And that is the one thing,
The one memory,
That has stayed with you forever
And has followed you everywhere you go
TICK, TOCK, TICK, TOCK

2 comments:

lolatu said...

There are honestly no words
to explain how incredible this
poem is! I admire your work, honest
i do. ^-^ great job :DD

Yansy♥ said...

Yansy Salmeron

Woot Woot!
My favorite part is when you talk about the "I Do".
Your poem is just off the chain!
:D