Monday, March 30, 2009

"Innocent Voices"

Nelly Valladares

What did we do wrong that now they want to kill us?
I look outside the window trying to see the future but the only thing I saw was American
Soldiers killing innocent voices.
Voices that will never be heard again.
Voices that might have beautiful future.
Voices that will never be heard by someone else.
What I also see is family working so hard to maintain their whole family together.
We have come so far, whether should I give up or continue my way lying to myself that everything is fine.
Innocent voices that had nothing to do with it.
Innocent voices never heard, but the sound of bombs I always heard.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are such a good poet! I imagined all of your poem while the whole time I was reading. Good job! It was interesting how you said what you saw along the way. Your poem made me feel like I was right there while people burst bombs.
-Jessica Briseno

Unknown said...

WOOOW nelly this is seriously really good great poem you should really keep working on more poems because its really good!
:)

hi said...

o gosh nelly this poem is great i love it in my head i can picture this like a movie its great you have to keep writing more poems :]